Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Write a review
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced white, crimini
- and/or a mix of wild mushrooms like chanterelles
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 cups vegetable stock,
- chicken stock or bone broth
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill or 2 tsp. dried dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms have released their liquids and it has evaporated, about 10-15 minutes.
- Mix in the flour and paprika and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock, soy sauce and milk, bring to a gentle boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the sour cream, lemon juice, dill and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Verve Magazine https://www.vervesouth.com/