Curried Pumpkin Soup
This savory soup adds spicy warmth to beat the cold weather.
Write a review
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or evaporated milk
- Rosemary sprig for garnish, optional
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onion in oil until tender. Add broth, pumpkin, lemon juice, curry powder, sugar, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in cream; heat through. Garnish with rosemary, if desired.
Verve Magazine https://www.vervesouth.com/